SHARKS is a new exhibition from the world-renowned Australian Museum, Sydney. Visitors are invited into a world dominated by members of the shark family to explore themes such as their genetic diversity, territories, interactions and significance to ocean ecosystems.
Having swum in the world’s oceans for more than 450 million years and survived five global mass extinctions, sharks are now under threat. Global warming, industrial fishing, and pollution are damaging our oceans. Our attitudes and our actions will decide the fate of these ancient survivors.
- Breathtaking shark models
- Immersive cylindrical surround theater where visitors can learn about a range of sharks
- Wide range of interactive experiences
- Cutting-edge audiovisual and media presentations
- Artifacts and tactile displays, including touchable models and casts
- Diverse, First Nation stories from around the world
- Exploration of climate change and its effects on sharks and shark habitats
- Inclusive and suitable for all ages – great for families and featuring topics relevant to school curricula
Scalable exhibition size 700 – 1100m2